WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT?
To stay abreast of local issues that impact homeownership, the REALTOR® profession and property interests in the Birmingham Metro and Central Alabama Region. Provides access to Alabama Association of Realtors® and NAR calls for action. Promotes the benefits and value of participating in the REALTOR® Party (RPAC) and political advocacy. Engaging and building relationships with civic leaders and public officials. Ensures the state's largest local REALTOR® association is a major voice for real estate.
WHAT IS (RPAC) REALTOR® POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE?
The REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC) gives REALTORS® a powerful voice to help develop, advance and implement legislative objectives that affect the real estate business and the ownership and operation of real estate. RPAC supports pro-REALTOR® candidates running for public office. It does not matter if the candidate is part of the Republican or Democratic Party as long as they are part of the REALTOR® Party. Here at BAR, the Government Affairs team is proactive with direct fundraising efforts through education-based and entertaining events.
WHAT HAS RPAC DONE FOR YOU (REALTORS®)?
- • Fought for Drone approval in Commercial Real Estate
- • New Condo Policies and Rural Housing service loans revision
- • Fought for the enhancement of Credit Scoring Models and Reporting for Consumers
- • Fighting for Private Market Flood Insurance options for consumers
- • Funded efforts for the fight to restore the Alabama Historic Rehabilitation Tax Credit Bill to continue the revitalization of our cities and communities across the state of Alabama.
HOW DO YOU GET INVOLVED?
Volunteer and participate in monthly Government Affairs Committee Meetings every 1st Wednesday of the month at 1:30 PM at the Birmingham Association of REALTORS®. For additional details, contact William Baylor, VP of Government & Legislative Affairs, via firstname.lastname@example.org.